IP strategy for engineering services
We reviewed and defined an established engineering group’s IP strategy, ensuring that it reflected company growth and that its software products were appropriately protected.
An established engineering services group developed a suite of software products and services following a lengthy R&D programme. The products had been critical in securing several high-value contracts and were beginning to gain significant traction in the global commissioning industry. This led to a step-change in the group’s profile. The board took the view that there should be investment in the IP associated with the products and services to reflect the changes in the business. The company contacted us for support after being referred to us by a trusted advisor.
What we did
We gained an understanding of the group’s operations, revenue streams, and objectives through a series of meetings with senior management. We assessed its IP position and defined an IP strategy within a short space of time. We audited the IP associated with the group’s products and services and identified several areas where the group could enhance its IP position.
- Raising awareness of key IP issues among directors
- Advising on copyright subsistence, ownership and marking
- Reviewing IP clauses in staff and third-party contracts and making recommendations
- Advising on trade mark best practice and availability issues
- Developing and implementing an international trade mark filing strategy
- Advising on patentability issues in the field of software related inventions
We defined an IP strategy for the company which reflected changes in the business. This enhanced the company’s IP position in relation to its software products and services. We manage an international portfolio of trade mark registrations.
How we can help you
- We can review and assess your IP portfolio at regular intervals, particularly through periods of growth.
- We have the skills and experience to audit the intellectual property of your business
- By understanding your business, we are able to define an IP strategy that meets your specific commercial objectives
- We can add value to your business with a properly considered IP strategy
- Our range of IP services allows us to effectively implement the strategies you choose